M.R.F.A. is a football academy, providing elite football coaching to aspiring players aged between two and 18. Set up in 2013, M.R.F.A. now operates with eleven primary and secondary schools in Essex and Hertfordshire where we cover a wide range of sport clubs and P.E. lessons.
We run technical development coaching (Development Groups) and higher tier coaching to elite players who hold potential to be in a professional club (Advanced Academy). Outside of this, M.R.F.A. run holiday courses at three locations in Essex every half-term and offer extra incentives such as birthday parties, 1:1 coaching sessions and Pre-Academy classes for our younger stars.
We pride ourselves in the way we develop players the “M.R.F.A. way” and we truly believe that, with the right leaders and encouragement, anything is possible!
As our School Programme lead, key responsibilities would typically include:
• Lead on the organisation and promotion of our Schools Programme
• Liaise directly with our School Clients to deepen relationships with them and cross-sell, hold yearly feedback meetings and generally managing the day-to-day aspects
• Lead P.E. lessons and school clubs, ensuring M.R.F.A.’s syllabus and curriculum is adhered to and proactively coming up with new and creative ideas for our lessons
• Coach at our Development Centres and Advanced Academy, and plan sessions using Sports Session Planner, and write player reports and goal set for individual players
• Responsible for ensuring any materials, such as the brochure or website relating to the Schools Programme, is kept up to date on a regular basis
• Deep understanding M.R.F.A.’s business as a whole, particularly your area of specialty (School Programme in this instance).
• Confident in developing strong relationships with parents and teachers/schools and local grassroots clubs in promoting M.R.F.A.’s business.
• Recognising and analysing players’ strengths and weaknesses and be able to write high-level player reports with goal-sets for individual players.
• When required, attend networking events to enhance your connection base and represent the M.R.F.A. brand
• Act as a role model and sounding board for other members of staff
• Run/host events/festivals when required
• Provided all aspects of the role are met to a high standard, this role could become permanent after six months
• We envisage the successful candidate to be in line for a promotion to Head of Schools Programme within 6-12 months of successfully delivering all aspects of the role and certain KPIs are met
• Should we acquire new School Clients into our programme, there will also be an opportunity to line manage a member of staff
• Training and support will be provided to the successful candidate on relevant qualifications such as Level 3 Support & Delivery of P.E. and UEFA B License
The successful applicant will typically posses the following knowledge, skills and experience;
• 2-3 years’ experience of teaching or coaching in a school setting
• Ambitious and proactive in personal development
• Excellent communication – written and verbal
• Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
• Able to manage time to an excellent standard
• Ability to work across multiple teams of people (marketing/schools/holiday courses)
• Minimum Level 2 coaching, working towards Level 3 in coaching
• Completed or completing FA Youth Modules 1&2
- Progression Opportunities for the right person
- Training and Support opportunities
Interested in the above role? Send in your application using the form below to apply directly to the club and someone from the club will get back to you very soon.
Join Sporting Connect
Join today for free and stay up to date with the latest paid and volunteer coaching jobs in football. Upgrade and become a premium member for just £4.99 per month and access the latest professional jobs in football. Our team share the latest coaching jobs in football all in one place – so you can save time searching.