Sporting Connect Principles - ‘Fair Play’ off the pitch
Sporting Connect aims to develop a content rich community site that improves communications and accessibility within the sporting world.
Sporting Connect openly encourages the sharing of information and knowledge between members, enabling networks that are driven to make the most of every second of sport that is played in this country.
The following set of fair play principles have been developed to help achieve these goals and will act as a foundation of the rights and responsibilities of Sporting Connect members.
1. Level Playing Field
Sporting Connect provides an equal platform for all members, no matter what age, race, sex, and level of experience or expertise they may have. Members are encouraged to be as proactive as they wish in order to distinguish themselves within the online community, with the hope of benefiting from the range of opportunities that Sporting Connect aims to facilitate.
2. Play Your Part - ‘Make an impact’
Sporting Connect was created with the vision that the sharing of knowledge and experience can strive to enhance the personal development of both individuals and teams within sport.
Sporting Connect can only facilitate this vision. It is down to our members to make it a reality and realise the part they can play in achieving this goal by sharing their wealth of experience, knowledge and expertise with any person, organisation or service.
3. Stay in Control
Like other social networks, Sporting Connect is a firm believer that people should own their information. You have the freedom and control to share it with anyone you want, including removing it from Sporting Connect.
4. Fair Play
All members – whether an individual, advertiser, developer, organisation or other entity should agree to our terms and conditions, these should not be inconsistent with these principles.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions derive from the Sporting Connect Principles, and govern our relationship with users and others who interact with Sporting Connect.
ATTENTION: This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the website under the domain name www.sportingconnect.com (website) and to any other correspondence by email between us and you.
Please read these terms carefully before using the website. Using the website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the website. This notice is issued by Sporting Connect Ltd (Company).
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Sporting Connect and you can control how it is shared. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, and grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Sporting Connect ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless you’re content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including [non-users of Sporting Connect], to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Sporting Connect, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- In the event Sporting Connect is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of the transaction.
We do our best to keep Sporting Connect safe, but we cannot guarantee it. Members are encouraged to report abuse or suspicious activity by emailing email@example.com or clicking the reporting link found at the bottom of each page. Sporting Connect will investigate each matter and follow up in accordance with their online safeguarding policy.
To ensure safety online we need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Sporting Connect.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Sporting Connect, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Sporting Connect.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use Sporting Connect to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Sporting Connect, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. You understand that Sporting Connect does not conduct Criminal Background Checks on its members.
Sporting Connect also does not verify the statements and backgrounds of members. We advise all members to check the credentials of a fellow member should they meet in person, including CRB Checks, relevant Qualifications, References, etc.
In no event shall Sporting Connect be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this service or persons you meet through this service.
You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the service, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person.
You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) to other members.
Referees: Public Liability Insurance in Unaffiliated Football
All referees registered with their parent County FA are covered with Public Liability Insurance for all forms of refereeing within the County. This provides referees with substantial protection and cover for any incidents or unforeseen accidents that may accrue whilst officiating.
However, it is essential for referees to be aware this Public Liability Insurance is only valid in football that is appropriately sanctioned and affiliated within its parent County FA or The Football Association. Where an incident arises refereeing in any form of football that is not affiliated to either the County FA or The FA, this will unfortunately not be covered by this Public Liability Insurance and the County will not be able to support them through disciplinary action against players and clubs.
The FA and County FAs harbour a duty of care to their referees to ensure awareness of the risks such referees place themselves in through officiating unaffiliated football. It is important to realise that in recent times there is a growing number of leagues and teams that are unaffiliated in all formats of the game, including both 11-a-side and 5-a-side football.
If contacted by a Club we would suggest that you should check with your competition to ensure it is appropriately affiliated and sanctioned with either The FA or the respective County FA, by asking the competition secretary for their affiliation number. If you have any concerns or queries on the affiliation of a competition then please contact your local County FA to verify. This information is provided so that you can make an informed decision on whether to officiate in unaffiliated football.
4. Registration and Account Security
Sporting Connect users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Sporting Connect, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use Sporting Connect if you are under 14.
- You will not use Sporting Connect if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Sporting Connect that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Sporting Connect if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Sporting Connect.
- You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
6. Payments and Deals
- If you make a payment on Sporting Connect, you agree to our Payments Terms.
Our goal is to deliver ads that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. In order to do that, we do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.8. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target the Sporting Connect audience by buying ads on Sporting Connect. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order with us:
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, and the amount you want to spend. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms.
- Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
- We cannot control how people interact with your ads.
- You can cancel your Order at any time by contacting Sporting Connect, but it may take up to 48 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for those ads.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Sporting Connect without written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, we need to make sure you have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
If you create or administer a Page on Sporting Connect, you agree to our Pages Terms.10. Amendments
- We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time.
- Notwithstanding 10.1, we can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
- This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Sporting Connect, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- The Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Company's group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the result of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the Company's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
- fraud; or
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- By Sporting Connect we mean the features and services we make available, including through our website at www.sportingconnect.com
- By Platform we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Sporting Connect or provide data to us.
- By information we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By content we mean anything you post on Sporting Connect that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By data we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Sporting Connect or provide to Sporting Connect through Platform.
- By post we mean post on Sporting Connect or otherwise make available to us.
- By use we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By active registered user we mean a user who has logged into Sporting Connect at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By application we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material.
- The material on the Website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose of the use of reasonable care and skill which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
- This Statement and any document expressly referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding Sporting Connect, and supersede any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with them in accordance with the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Sporting Connect.
- We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
You may also want to review the following documents:
- Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through Sporting Connect.
- Advertising Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on Sporting Connect.
- Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you have obtained written pre-approval from us to offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of promotions on Sporting Connect.
- Pages Terms
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Sporting Connect Ltd of 63 The Spinney, Epsom Downs, Surrey. KT185QX.
Sporting Connect receives a number of different types of information about you, including:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.sportingconnect.com, this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Sporting Connect Ltd, and when you report a problem with our site.
Information you chose to share
This includes information you choose to share on Sporting Connect, such as when you post a comment, blog, or upload a photo. It also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add to your connections or develop your profile.
Your name, profile picture, profile, connections and username are treated just like information you choose to make public. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services or ones we feel you may find valuable.
Your birthday allows us to do things like show you age-appropriate content and advertisements.
All information posted on Sporting Connect will be treated as public information. This is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of Sporting Connect, will be able to see it.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile picture, Sporting Connect profile, etc.) even off Sporting Connect
- can show up when someone does a search on Sporting Connect or on a public search engine.
Information always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Name This helps your associates find you. If you are uncomfortable sharing your real name or any such information, you can always delete your account.
- Profile and Profile PictureThis helps your associates and associates recognise you. If you are uncomfortable making your profile and picture public, you can always delete or edit it within the profile section.
- Connections This helps you see whom you will be sharing information with before you choose "Associates and Connections" as a custom audience. If you are uncomfortable making your connections public, you can cancel any connections.
- Posts This includes posts you have made public on the Sporting Connect site, as well as qualitative feedback from other members.
- Feedback This is an average rating provided by users regarding your account.
- Username and User ID These allow you to give out a custom link to your profile or Page, receive email at your Sporting Connect email address, and help make Sporting Connect Platform possible.
Usernames and User IDs
A Username (or Sporting Connect URL) is a custom link to your profile that you can give out to people or post on external websites. Your username will always appear in the URL on your profile page.
If someone has your Username, they can use it to access information about you through the www.sportingconnect.com website. For example, if someone has your Username, they can type sportingconnect.com/Username into their browser and see your public information as well as anything else you've let them see.
Other information we receive about you
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Sporting Connect may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- Details of whenever you interact with Sporting Connect, such as when you look at another person's profile, send someone a message, search for an associate or a Page, or click on an ad.
- When you post things like photos or videos on Sporting Connect, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Option 1: Browse-wrap consent
Option 2: Click-wrap consent
You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site may not work.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Sporting Connects Cookies
- Session Cookie: Purpose to identify the users current session on the server. The Session Cookie will expire once the user leaves the site and closes the browser.
- Optional Cookie: Purpose to store the auto-login token for the ‘remember me’ option.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your information will not be transferred out of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- As part of our efforts to keep Sporting Connect safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify Sporting Connect by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Sporting Connect Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Deleting your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can delete it within your profile.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Sporting Connect. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies for up to 6 months and logs for up to 14 days.
You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it.
Accounts of Deceased Users
Sporting Connect retains the control over the information of a deceased user. The rights of the next of kin will be considered at Sporting Connects discretion.
3. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
4. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Any user may create a Page; however, only an authorized representative of the subject matter may administer the Page. Pages with names consisting solely of generic or descriptive terms will have their administrative rights removed.
- Content posted to Pages is public information and is available to everyone.
- You take full responsibility for any sweepstakes, contest, competition or similar offering on your Page and must comply with our Promotions Guidelines.
- Third party advertisements on Pages are prohibited.
- You will restrict access to your Page as necessary to comply with all applicable laws and Sporting Connect terms and policies.
- You may not establish terms beyond those set forth in these terms to govern the posting of content by users on a Page.
- Page names must:
a. not consist solely of a generic or descriptive term (e.g. “beer” or “pizza”);
b. use proper, grammatically correct capitalization and may not include excessive capitalization or use all capitals;
c. not include character symbols, including but not limited to excessive punctuation and trademark designations; and
d. not include taglines, superfluous descriptions, or unnecessary qualifiers.
If you use Sporting Connect to communicate about or administer a promotion, you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including the official rules, offer terms and eligibility requirements (e.g., age and residency restrictions), and compliance with regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered in connection with the promotion (e.g., registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals).
Please note that compliance with these Guidelines does not constitute the lawfulness of a promotion. Promotions are subject to many regulations and if you are not certain that your promotion complies with applicable law, please consult with an expert.
1. Promotions on Sporting Connect must include the following:
- A complete release of Sporting Connect by each entrant or participant.
- Acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Sporting Connect.
- Disclosure that the participant is providing information to [disclose recipient(s) of information] and not to Sporting Connect.
3. Ads may not imply a Sporting Connect endorsement or partnership of any kind. Ads linking to Sporting Connect branded content may make limited reference to "Sporting Connect" in ad text for the purpose of (1) fulfilling your obligations under Section 1 and (2) clarifying the destination of the ad. All other ads and landing pages may not use our copyrights or trademarks, except as expressly permitted with our prior written permission.
- By “administration” we mean the operation of any element of the promotion, such as collecting entries, conducting a drawing, judging entries, or notifying winners.
- By “communication” we mean promoting, advertising or referencing a promotion in any way on Sporting Connect.
- By “contest” or “competition” we mean a promotion that includes a prize of monetary value and a winner determined on the basis of skill (i.e., through judging based on specific criteria).
When you make payments through Sporting connect, you agree to these Payments Terms.
1. Making Purchases
- When you confirm a transaction on Sporting Connect, you agree to be bound by and pay for that transaction. We may invoice you for the order on or at any time after you place the order.
- These prices include VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of the order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Goods in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect
- Don't commit to a transaction unless you are ready to pay, because all sales are final.
- If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, your only remedy is to receive a refund of your purchase price.
- You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
- We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to any products or services sold on or through Sporting Connect.
We want to make payments convenient, so we allow you to make payments using a number of different payment sources, like credit cards and debit cards.
- When you provide a payment source to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that payment source. You also authorize us to collect and store it, along with other related transaction information.
- When you make a payment, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the payment source you designate for the transaction.
- If you pay by credit or debit card we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount up to the amount of the purchase. We will bill your card at the time of purchase or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, that pre-approval may result in your funds not otherwise being immediately available.
- If you pay by debit card and your payment results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
As part of our effort to keep Sporting connect safe, we may take certain actions to reduce liability for users and us.
- We may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
- We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates these Payments Terms or the Terms and Conditions, or we believe doing so may prevent financial loss.
- We may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, limit payment sources for a transaction, and limit your ability to make a payment or deactivate your account if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss.
- We may contact your payment source issuer, law enforcement, or impacted third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- We may cancel any Credits transferred, assigned, or sold in violation of these Payments Terms or the Terms and Conditions.
- If you purchase advertising, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable legal fees. We may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the base rate of [BANK] from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after any judgment. You must pay us interest together with the overdue amount.
Disputes and Reversals
- If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims against us related to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge.
- You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that you authorized or accepted.
- If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased we have no liability for such goods or services. Our only involvement with regard to such transaction is as a payment agent.
- We may intervene in disputes between users concerning payments but have no obligation to do so.
- Your only remedy for a technical failure or interruption of service is to request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
- When you purchase advertising on or through Sporting connect, you agree to pay all amounts specified in the order, along with any applicable taxes.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through your advertising account.
- You can cancel an advertising order at any time, but your ads may run for several days after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for those ads.
- It is your responsibility to remit any taxes that apply to your transactions. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
- We may provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by mail shall be considered received within three business days of the time sent.
- The Payment Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
- We may change these Payment Terms, in whole or in part.
- All of the commitments you make in the Sporting Connect Terms and Conditions apply to payments through Sporting Connect. In the event of any conflict between these Payments Terms and the Terms and Conditions, the Payments Terms shall prevail.
- If you are under the age of 18, you may make payments only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. You should review these Payments Terms with a parent or guardian to make sure that you both understand them.
- Some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through Sporting Connect. Nothing in these Payments Terms should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws.
- Sporting Connect makes no gaurentee of job opportunites for members using this service.
- Sporting Connect will do it's utmost to inform members using the service of relevant opportunties featured on the site - taking into account their qualifications and experience.
- Primary communications will be via email.
- Members can not update any CV once uploaded. They will be required to submit a new CV if they have any changes.
At Sporting Connect, we believe that ads should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience.
We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
- Ad creative may not contain user data received or derived from Sporting Connect, even if a user consents to such use.
All components of an ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad. Ads may not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a user's interaction. Ads may not position products or services in a sexually suggestive manner. Ads may not contain content that exploits political agendas or issues for commercial use. Additionally, ad text must include proper grammar and the use of all symbols, numbers, or letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised and must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or suggest false relevancy to generic offers. Products and services promoted in the ad copy must be clearly represented on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service.
Ad text may not assert or imply, directly or indirectly, within the ad content or by targeting, a user's personal characteristics within the following categories:
- race or ethnic origin;
- religion or philosophical belief;
- sexual orientation or sexual life;
- gender identity;
- disability or medical condition (including physical or mental health);
- financial status or information; and
- criminal record.
- Destination Sites
Ads must lead to a functioning landing page that does not interfere with a user's ability to navigate away from the page.
Ads must always apply appropriate targeting and never provoke users. Ads for regulated goods and services (e.g. alcohol and gambling), must abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes.
Advertisers must ensure that their ads comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. All claims in ads must be adequately substantiated. Ads must not offend users. Ads and any offers promoted within ads must not be false, deceptive or misleading or contain spam. Ads must not contain or promote illegal products or services. Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties. The following specific content guidelines apply:
- Adult Products
Ads may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, including but not limited to toys, videos, publications, live shows, or sexual enhancement products. Ads for family planning and contraception are allowed provided they follow the appropriate targeting requirements.
- Drugs and Tobacco
Ads may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia.
Gambling and Lotteries
- Ads that promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed with prior authorization from Sporting Connect.
- Ads that promote offline gambling establishments, such as offline casinos, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, are generally permitted.
Pharmaceuticals and Supplements
- Ads must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Ads for online pharmacies are prohibited except that ads for certified pharmacies may be permitted with prior approval from Sporting Connect.
- Ads that promote dietary and herbal supplements are generally permitted, provided they do not promote products containing anabolic steroids, chitosan, comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterne, ephedra, human growth hormones, melatonin, and any additional products deemed unsafe or questionable by Sporting Connect in its sole discretion.
Ads may not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads or any software that results in an unexpected, deceptive or unfair user experience, including but not limited to software which:
- "sneaks" onto a user's system;
- performs activities hidden to the user;
- may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on a user's computer without express permission from the user;
- is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for an additional fee;
- automatically downloads without Sporting Connects express prior approval;
- presents download dialog boxes without a user's action; or
- may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
- Unacceptable Business Model
Ads may not promote a business model or practice that is deemed by Sporting Connect in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or contrary to Sporting Connects overall advertising philosophy or to any applicable law, including but not limited to multi-level marketing schemes, or advertisements for scams.
- Weapons and Explosives
Ads may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- Community Standards
Ads, or categories of ads, that receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed to violate our community standards, are prohibited and may be removed. In all cases, Sporting Connect reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether particular content is in violation of our community standards.
- Illegal Activity
Ads may not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal activity.
Ads may not insult, attack, harass, bully, threaten, demean or impersonate others.
- Hate Speech
Ads may not contain "hate speech," whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories. These categories include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language.
Ads that are targeted to minors may not promote products or services that are illegal for use by minors, or that are deemed to be unsafe or inappropriate.
Ads may not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
- Shock Value
Ads may not be shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portray excessive violence.
- Sporting Connect References
Ads may not imply a Sporting Connect endorsement or partnership of any kind. Ads linking to Sporting Connect branded content (including Pages, groups, events, or Connect sites) may make limited reference to "Sporting Connect" in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad. All other ads and landing pages may not use our copyrights unless with our prior written permission.
- Rights of Others
Ads may not include content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.