Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions derive from the Sporting Connect Principles, and govern our relationship with users and others who interact with Sporting Connect.
ATTENTION: This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the website under the domain name www.sportingconnect.com/surreyfa (website) and to any other correspondence by email between us and you.
Please read these terms carefully before using the website. Using the website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the website. This notice is issued by Sporting Connect Ltd (Company).
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Sporting Connect and you can control how it is shared. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (“IP content”), you specifically give us the following permission, and grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Sporting Connect (“IP License”). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless you’re content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including [non-users of Sporting Connect], to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Sporting Connect, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- In the event Sporting Connect is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of the transaction.
We do our best to keep Sporting Connect safe, but we cannot guarantee it. Members are encouraged to report abuse or suspicious activity by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the reporting link found at the bottom of each page. Sporting Connect will investigate each matter and follow up in accordance with their online safeguarding policy.
This ensures all members know it is their responsibility to undertake sufficient vetting of individuals for any future connection or job post.
To ensure safety online we need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Sporting Connect.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Sporting Connect, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Sporting Connect.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use Sporting Connect to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Sporting Connect, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Interactions with other Members
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. You understand that Sporting Connect does not conduct Criminal Background Checks on its members.
Sporting Connect also does not verify the statements and backgrounds of members. We advise all members to check the credentials of a fellow member should they meet in person, including CRB Checks, relevant Qualifications, References, etc.
On registration and every job post members acknowledge and accept the FA’s responsible recruitment guidelines. This can be seen via: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/safeguarding/section-3-safer-recruitment-and-dbs-checks
In no event shall Sporting Connect be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this service or persons you meet through this service.
You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the service, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person.
You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) to other members.
4. Registration and Account Security
Sporting Connect users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Sporting Connect, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use Sporting Connect if you are under 16.
- You will not use Sporting Connect if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
5. Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Sporting Connect that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Sporting Connect if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Sporting Connect.
- You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
6. Payments and Deals
- If you make a payment on Sporting Connect, you agree to our Payments Terms.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Sporting Connect
Our goal is to deliver ads that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. In order to do that, we do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target the Sporting Connect audience by buying ads on Sporting Connect. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order with us:
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, and the amount you want to spend. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms.
- Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
- We cannot control how people interact with your ads.
- You can cancel your Order at any time by contacting Sporting Connect, but it may take up to 48 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for those ads.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Sporting Connect without written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
- If you are placing ads on someone else’s behalf, we need to make sure you have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on Sporting Connect, you agree to our Pages Terms.
- We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time.
- Notwithstanding 10.1, we can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
If you fail to comply with the provisions of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Sporting Connect to you with immediate effect. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate.
- This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Sporting Connect, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- The Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Company’s group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the result of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
- Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the Company’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
- fraud; or
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- By Sporting Connect we mean the features and services we make available, including through our website at www.sportingconnect.com/surreyfa
- By Platform we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Sporting Connect or provide data to us.
- By information we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By content we mean anything you post on Sporting Connect that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By data we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Sporting Connect or provide to Sporting Connect through Platform.
- By post we mean post on Sporting Connect or otherwise make available to us.
- By use we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By active registered user we mean a user who has logged into Sporting Connect at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By application we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material.
- The material on the Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose of the use of reasonable care and skill which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
- This Statement and any document expressly referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding Sporting Connect, and supersede any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with them in accordance with the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Sporting Connect.
- We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
You may also want to review the following documents:
- Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through Sporting Connect.
- Advertising Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on Sporting Connect.
- Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you have obtained written pre-approval from us to offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of promotions on Sporting Connect.
- Pages Terms